Day 4 of #YogiAnatomyFun is here and it's all about the quadriceps! With this variation of lunge I am both strengthening my quads (as far as the front leg) and stretching them (as far as the back leg).
Something about me: I have an aversion towards the expression toning the muscles 🤣 If I had a coin for every time someone approached me saying "I don't want big muscles, I just want to tone" when I was a bodypump instructor, I would be rich. Sorry, your muscles can't "tone" with exercise... but they can get stronger and more functional: sounds better than ehm "toning" to me.
My rad outfit: @k.deer.
My lovely mat: @liforme
🦴Pose Line Up:
Day 1 - Obliques: Gate or Side Angle✔
Day 2 - Glutes: Warrior 3 or Bridge✔
Day 3 - Hamstring: Pyramid or Downward facing dog ✔
Day 4- Quads: Chair pose or Lunge ✔
Day 5- Erector spinae: Upward facing dog or Locust
Day 6 - Hip flexors: Supta Virasana or Camel
Day 7 - Triceps: Gomukhasana or Chaturanga
To join, please:
1. Follow all hosts & sponsors
2. Like this post, tag some friends to join
3. Repost this flyer & use the challenge tag #YogiAnatomyFun
4. Tag all hosts in your post, and set profile to public so we can follow along ✌🏼
5. Post each day’s pose with your variation—while honoring your body, staying safe, and having fun!
6. Reach out to others with kind comments
#lungepose #quadstretch #quadsworkout #yogababe #madaboutyoga #yogaforlife #yogafit #yogastrong #dailyyogapic #getstretchy #yogamakesmehappy #dowhatyoulove - 19 days ago