This Pad Thai is chicken-free, gluten-free, and oil-free oil, but not flavor-free! 😋🌱YUM!!
7-8 ounces rice sticks
½ cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon vegan fish sauce (optional)
1 teaspoon lime juice
½ teaspoon tamarind paste
½ teaspoon granulated garlic
½ teaspoon paprika
1 pound tofu, sliced ¼-inch
¼ pound fresh green beans
½ cup water
1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
2 cups mung beans sprouts
3 medium scallions, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
Pinch Thai chilies (optional)
1. Place the rice sticks in a large bowl and pour about 8 cups boiling hot water over them and set aside until tender but firm, about 10 minutes. Rinse, drain and set aside.
2. To make the Pad Thai Sauce, whisk together the ingredients set aside.
3. Heat a large non-stick wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Tear the sliced tofu and add to the skillet. Cook until browned on both sides, while adjusting the heat, about 5 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
4. Add the beans and water to the skillet and cook until barely tender, about 5-7 minutes depending on size, and adding more water if needed.
5. Add the bell pepper and cook on medium until dark spots begin to appear, taking care not to burn. Add the rice noodles and Pad Thai Sauce and continue cooking and tossing the noodles until the sauce has absorbed. Add the mung beans, toss to combine, and transfer to serving bowls. Sprinkle with the scallions, peanuts, chilies (if using) and serve with lime wedges on the side. .
#veganized #plantbasedfoods #plantbasedfood #eatplants #eatmoreplants #veganfoodpornshare #veganfoodshares #feedfeedvegan #veganfoodlovers #portlandvegans #eatdrinkvegan #veganfoodies #letscookvegan #feedfeedvegan #veganfoodporn #bestofvegan #veganizerpdx #veganfoodshare #veganrecipes #letscookvegan #bestofvegan #veganinspo #veganlifestyle #veganism #bestofvegan #veganstudent - 2 minutes ago