Purple Sweet Potato Tart 🍇🍠
Vegan, Gluten-Free, Paleo
-1 cup almond flour
-1 1/4 cup Medjool dates
-1 tablespoon coconut oil
-1/4 teaspoon sea salt
-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
-2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs
-3 purple sweet potatoes
-1/4 cup canned coconut milk
-2 tablespoons maple syrup (add more to taste)
-1 teaspoon maca powder (optional)
-Blueberries, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2. Wrap the sweet potatoes in foil and bake in the preheated oven until soft and tender, approximately 90 minutes.
3. While the potatoes are roasting, make the the crust. Place the almond flour, dates, coconut oil, sea salt, and cinnamon in a food processor. Blend until you have a sticky dough. Add the cacao nibs and pulse for a few seconds.
4. Transfer the dough to a tart pan and use your fingers to press the dough onto the bottoms and up the sides of the pan. I used a rectangular 13.75x4.25 inch pan, but you can also use a round 9 inch tart pan. Place in the freezer to set while you prepare the filling.
5. Once the potatoes are cool, remove the skins and place in a food processor. Add the coconut milk, maple syrup, and maca powder, if desired. Blend until thoroughly blended. The mixture should be very smooth and creamy.
6. Pour the filling into the crust and smooth with a spatula. Top with blueberries and freeze for 1 hour to firm up.
7. Before serving, let the tart sit out for 30 minutes to come to room temperature.
@rainbowplantlife - 2 hours ago