STOP YOUR SCROLL FOR 2 EASY BREAKFAST RECIPES
You’ve been asking for quick easy, breakfast recipes, so here you go!
I must admit I don’t eat the most conventional breakfast- not everyone is ok with Brussels sprouts first thing in the morning. 🤷🏽♀️ So here’s two popular ones that are easy to make and you can make in bulk and pop in the microwave in the morning.
Slow Cooker Steel Cut Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
* Nonstick cooking spray
* 1½ cups water
* 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk
* 3 cups dry steel-cut oats
* 5 small apples chopped
* ¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
* 2 Tbsp. ground flax seed
1. Lightly coat inside of slow cooker with spray.
2. Add water, almond milk, oats, apples, salt, cinnamon, maple syrup, and flax seed; mix well. Cook for 5 to 7 hours on low (or 2 to 3 hours on high), or until edges are brown but not burned.
* Times can vary. In order to make sure oatmeal doesn’t burn, test it out the first time during the day to see how long it takes the oatmeal to cook in your slow cooker.
* Leftover oatmeal can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, or frozen in individual portions.
Egg White Breakfast Burrito
* 1 Tbsp. olive oil
* 1 Tbsp. finely chopped red bell pepper
* 1 Tbsp. finely chopped yellow bell pepper
* 1 Tbsp finely chopped green bell pepper
* 1 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
* 3 large egg whites
* 1 8-inch whole wheat flour tortilla warm
* 1 slice low-sodium turkey bacon cooked, chopped
* Ground black pepper optional
* 2 Tbsp. fresh tomato salsa
1. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add bell peppers and onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft.
3. Add eggs; cook, over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until eggs are set.
4. Top tortilla with egg mixture, turkey bacon, and pepper (if desired).
5. Roll tortilla burrito-style.
6. Serve with salsa
Sounds delish, right? Save this post and let me know which one you’ll be trying. 👇🏾
#mealprepmonday - 3 hours ago