Mince & Black Bean Pies 😍
Mince & Black Bean Pies
For the Mexican Pies
4 sheets store bought puff pastry, thawed (keep in fridge until needed)
½ onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
200g beef mince
1 can KOO Black Beans in Mexican Style Sauce with Red Bell Peppers
½ can KOO Whole Kernel Corn in Brine, drained
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup cheese, grated
1 egg, beaten
Fresh coriander leaves
Creamy sour cream dip
1. Preheat the oven to 180℃ and line a tray with baking paper.
2. Fry the onions gently, 5-10 minutes, until soft. Add the garlic and chilli flakes and stir for 1 minute
3. Add the mince and fry until browned, 5 minutes.
4. Add the KOO black beans in Mexican style sauce with red bell peppers and the corn and season to taste.
5. Stir through the fresh coriander and set aside to cool slightly.
6. On a floured surface, lay out the puff pastry sheets. It is easiest to work with cold pastry.
7. Roll until 0,5mm thick and use the empty KOO can to press out 48 circles.
8. Spoon the bean filling onto one half of each pastry circle, leaving a rim of ½ cm. Add a small pile of grated cheese on top of the mince
9. Wet the edge of the pastry using your finger then fold the other half of pastry over to form a half moon. Use a fork to press down and seal the pies. *Chef’s tip: these can be baked immediately or frozen for up to 2 months.
10. Place the pies on the prepared baking tray, brush with egg and bake for 15 – 20 minutes until golden and crispy.
11. Serve the warm pies on a platter with a creamy dip. Garnish with a handful of fresh coriander leaves and ENJOY!!
PLANNING TO TRY THIS?
If yes, remember to a) post a pic b) to TAG US (not just to mention us - as these easily get lost in the notification stream) and c) to hashtag #foodiesofsa
You may just get featured on our story or even get sent a little something to say well done.
The @foodiesofsa team
💕 - 4 hours ago