You can call me bottomless pita 😜
@instantpotofficial gyros & homemade hummus
Ingredients for gyro meat:
2 lb ground beef (80% fat, 20% lean) (or ground lamb if you can find it)
1 small yellow onion
7 cloves fresh garlic
2 tsp dried @mccormickspice oregano
2 tsp dried @mccormickspice rosemary
2 tsp dried @mccormickspice marjoram
2 tsp @mortonsalt kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
Fresh Pitas (we used whole wheat from @mortonwilliamssupermarkets )
@instantpotofficial trivet insert
@hamiltonbeach food processor
1 springform cake pan (8 inches)
A cast iron pan
1. Pulse onions in food processor and take out of food processor to squeeze out extra onion liquid with a paper towel
2. Add onions back in to processor, along with garlic, spices, salt & pepper
3. Add ground beef in and pulse till smooth.
4. Spray your springform pan with some @pamcookingsprayofficial and put meat mixture in so it is tightly packed. Cover with tin foil and poke some holes in top with a fork
5. Set instant pot to high pressure cook for 15 minutes and let steam naturally release.
6. Let the meat sit when its out of instant pot for 15 minutes. Slice thin and brown on cast iron pan to get that nice crust!
7. Make a pita with meat, Tzatziki, tomatoes, feta, red onions, cucumbers, bell peppers and parsley. You can also leave the pita out and just make a gyro meat salad!
Ingredients for hummus:
1 15 ounce can chickpeas (drained & rinsed) from @traderjoes
1/3 cup of @traderjoes organic tahini
4 tbs cold water (add more if too dry)
2 tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp @mortonsalt kosher salt
2 cloves garlic
1 lemon (juice)
1. Add tahini, water, olive oil, cumin, salt, garlic & lemon juice to food processor. Pulse till smooth
Add in chickpeas and blend in food processor for 4 minutes (scrape down sides about 2 minutes in). Add more water if its too dry! Enjoy with veggies or pita chips.
#greekfood #eeeeeats #nyceats #bottomlesspitt #foodporn #foodstagram - 4 months ago